Friday 23 March 2012

WH Woods

Another early trip to West Hartford this morning. Numerous Reed Bunting, Meadow Pipit and Skylark, 3 Grey Partridge were around the pools.
4 Greylag, 35 Herring and 3 LBB Gulls on the main pool were joined by a Shelduck. A few Snipe were accidentally flushed as I passed.
2 Short Eared Owls hunted over the marshy area including one which flew low over my head before landing on a post only meteres away, they seem to be getting used to people watching them now.

I went past the pylons and into the woods bordering the River Blyth today. No sign of a Marsh Tit but 2 Jay 3 GS Woodpecker were very vocal.
Also a Yellowhammer flew south over the river in almost the same area were I heard the Crossbill the other day. Like the Crossbill I just looked up in time to see the Yellowhammer flyover.

No comments: