Tuesday 23 December 2008

Quick trip

I was at West hartford between 2:15 and 3:30 today.
On the pool there was 1 GBB Gull, 19 Herring Gull and 16 BH Gull. 8 Fieldfare where moving around the trees next to the metal fence on the smaller pool.
8 Carrion Crow, 1 Goldfinch, 9 Woodpigeon and 1 Meadow Pipit - Patch tick all flew over.
A magpie was in the trees and a pheasant was calling from behind the pool.
A noisey wren followed me about as I tried to flush Snipe but none were found.
2 Stonechat- patch tick, were calling to each other to the left of the pool so was a Water rail briefly towards half 3.
I took my note book today instead of relying on memory.

4 comments:

Stewart said...

Go on there Crammy, get the notebook habit. In 20 years time you'll look back on them with wonder.There is no better way to learn things. Don't just make sterile lists of species, try to make notes of something that interests you such as behaviour or a previously unknown plumage feature for you to look up later on.

Alan Tilmouth said...

And sketches... and they are really useful when your older and the wife rings up with a shopping list because she knows your outside Morrisons watching Waxwings.

Ghost of Stringer said...

Hi Crammy

Had 13 waxwings in Cram this morning. Was driving past the Azure Garden Centre and saw them in the car park ! Did a quick spin round at the roundabout and went back for some views....

Crammy Birder said...

At the moment I have just started writing down a tally chart of what I've seen. I should really start writing more info on the birds themselves and doing sketches.
I'll try for those waxwings over the weekend if they hang around.
cheers