Tuesday 26 May 2009

W WH

I called in to West Hartford for half an hour tonight around 9ish. Almost all of the water is now dried up on the pools but only 2 Curlew, 2 Shellduck and 10 Lapwing there.
I watched the pool in hope of something dropping in for 20 minutes but nothing.
All the action was on the way home as first I flushed a Grey Partridge from the long grass near the rubbish pile.
It ran low to the ground after seeing me before flying onto the marsh. I could hear it calling after that.
There were 6 Skylark in the field between the rubbish pile and the new proposed fire station but then I noticed something on top of a piece of the long grass which looked to small for a Skylark.
At first I thought it was a Stonechat but a closer look showed that it was a female Whinchat – Patch Tick.
The strong white band above its eye was the main give away. It flew further back into the field an out of sight.

101 - Whinchat

No comments: