Thursday 17 February 2011

Good news and a Garden Tick

I woke up to the good news that the fascist regime has decided not to sell off our forests. I think the only way I can look at the scenario is by using a Star Wars analogy; The people who voted against the sell off were like the rebels who destroyed the first Death Star, but they always new that in the end the Empire will strike back.
Well that’s how I see it anyway.

When I got back home today I was watching 4 Long Tailed Tits on the feeder, when they were joined by a Goldcrest – Garden Tick! It has been commuting between the conifer trees and the feeders for the rest of the afternoon.

I managed to get a lift to Arcot this afternoon, after helping with the shopping where I managed to get Pied Wagtail on the patch at last. It was in Manor Walks car park incase anyone wants to twitch it.

I was expecting Arcot to be dead as it usually is these days but instead was pleased to see 2 Tufted Duck, 4 Goldeneye ( 1 male, 3 female), 1 Moorhen and 2 Oystercatchers sitting on the wood in the middle of the pond.
As we drove back, a Nuthatch flew in front of the car next to the golf club entrance.

52 – Goldcrest
53 – Pied Wagtail
54 – Tufted Duck
55 – Oystercatcher
56 – Moorhen
57 - Goldeneye

No comments: