Thursday 8 April 2010

It's as if Linnets can read

I was out to Arcot early this morning as it was warm and there was no wind.
8 Mute Swans and a pair of Great Crested Grebe the only birds of note on the pond.
I headed to the golf course after this where I heard two seperate drumming GS Woodpeckers.

Whilst walking around the course I heard the elusive Arcot Green Woodpecker - Patch Tick.
It yaffled its head off for about five minutes before sounding more distant.

I then went to the back of the pond and thrashed the north west corner where a Woodcock- Patch Tick, flew out of the wet grass and onto the golf course.
I then heard a familiar sound as a flock of 50+ Linnets - Patch Tick, landed in the bushes above me.
Thanks to everybody who comment on my previous post about Linnet numbers, maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough.

76 - Green Woodpecker

77 - Woodcock

78 - Linnet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.