Tuesday 20 September 2011

Level Best

I went to Arcot Pond yesterday afternoon since I hadn’t been there in a while. Amongst the increasing number of Mallard and Teal at the back of the pond were two Wigeon.
I had been standing at the front of the pond for about a minute watching the pond when a Cormorant surfaced, its amazing how long they can be hidden under water for.

I then went to the back of the pond and checked the hedgerows bordering the golf course. Despite Great, Blue and Coal Tit calling I couldn’t find any Willow Tit, if I had then I would have reached the magic total of 120 on the patch. There is still time and a few birds I need to catch up with so hopefully I will reach this target.

Also yesterday I had a fly over garden tick as I was going through the front door, 30 Canada Geese flew west.

Below is a photo of the Wryneck myself and LMcD had at West Hartford in April; I have been meaning to upload it for months now.

118 – Cormorant

119 – Wigeon



2 comments: