Monday 22 April 2013

White Wag

After a few texts yesterday morning saying that 6 Common Cranes had flown north over Backworth Pond only 15 minutes ago I hurryed out the house and was on top of Nelson Hill 5 minutes later.

Knowing I was probabaly too late I still spent 15 minutes scanning the sky to the east but no sign. The only bird of note was a Curlew flying south over the hill.
On my way to the hill I noticed two male Blackcaps feeding on fat balls on a garden feeder near the edge of the eastate. One flew off into the hedgerow but the other just sat on the arm of the feeder.

After leaving the hill I went straight to West Hartford. No sign of yesterdays Avocets or much else really. Although I did have a White Wagtail on the wet area of mud in the field east of the substation along side a Pied Wagtail.

No comments: