Monday 19 January 2009

Crammy Speciality

I was on my way to Arcot pond before the rain started this lunchtime when I noticed one of Crammy’s specialities, a wintering Lesser Black Backed Gull.
It was on the piece of roadside grass between the Southfield roundabout and the Barns Park roundabout.
I usually see it in winter on top of the lamppost between ST. Peter’s and the High School, sorry, learning village.
It was doing that running on the spot thing that Gulls do to catch worms, it took me a minute to notice it but I saw its slightly darker than a Herring Gull back and bright Yellow legs.
At Arcot Pond there were 10 Teal, 1 Goldeneye and a pair of Gadwall- Patch tick, at the back of the pond. It was very quiet apart from that, not even any Gulls or Grey Heron.
Waiting for the bus this morning 8 Goldfinch flew over and there was a large number of Gulls on the ploughed field opposite Nelson Hill along with two Lapwing, which takes my Cramlington list for the year too 59.The feeders in my Garden have been busy over the weekend with 8 Long tailed tits being the highlight.

2 comments:

Stewart said...

Like the new look to the blog Crammy, particularly the i.d picture.:)

Crammy Birder said...

Cheers Stewart nd good luck with your move.