Friday 16 January 2009

The digging has started

I won’t get out this weekend due to a build up of coursework so I spent some of this afternoon at West Hartford from 3:25 until 4:15.
When I was walking up to Hartford there were 3 Bullfinch, 1 Robin, 2 Blue tit, 2 Blackbird, 6 Greenfinch, 5 Long Tailed Tit and 14 Starling in the bushes around the burn.
When I got to West Hartford I found that the digging for the new fire station due in March, had started and most of the front field had been ploughed.
I knew that it was only a matter of time before somebody built on West Hartford. It’s about the only bit that can be built on as the rest is marshland and part is protected due to its historical importance.
Hopefully this development will stop at the fire station and not effect anywhere else on the site.
Anyway as for birds I flushed a Meadow Pipit near the pool and a Reed Bunting flew overhead. On the pool there were 5 mute Swans (4 imm 1 adult).
1 Kestrel was in a tree at the entrance as was a Robin and 8 Bullfinch (4 Male, 4 Female), the largest number I have seen in Cramlington and my first at West Hartford.
Also Blue Tit, 2 Carrion Crow, 2 Magpie, Pheasant Calling and a Goldcrest Calling.
Also today I had a Goldcrest with the House Spuggy flock at Shanklee.

No comments: