Monday 25 November 2013

Another Viking

I spotted my third Nordic type Jackdaw of the year this morning on the grass outside Bedlington Cricket pitch. The bird I saw at Lynemouth Flash in August and one for a couple of days in September near Gosforth both showed characteristics of the species but the bird I saw this morning is the best example I have seen.
Amongst 20 or so other Jackdaw it stood out as its body was a lighter shade of grey with darker wings and a full bright white collar. I know there is more to it than that but it looked good for a Nordic to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read awhile ago that you had been to Annitsford pond, just to let you know that this week I have seem a pair of female shoveler ducks on the pond.

Crammy Birder said...

Thank David, I havent been for a while but that is a good record