Sunday 26 April 2009

Another good morning at West Hartford



After vowing to get up earlier from now on I went to West Hartford at 6 this morning.
The mud is even more exposed on the main pool but still no waders, well that’s not strictly true a Redshank was there briefly before flying off with the gull flock.
The regular pair of Shellduck were constantly chasing another away, nothing else was on the pool.
At least 4 Grasshopper Warblers were reeling around the fields behind the small pool. I managed to see one on a fence post next to the plantation under the pylon, as was a Common Whitethroat – Patch Tick, which started to sing.
2 Jays were squawking overhead and a Roe Deer was in the reeds on the marsh.
As I was leaving 3 Wheatear- Patch Tick, flew from the rubbish pile and one landed in the trees next to the pool. I got one shot before the other Wheatears flew towards the marsh.I always thought that the rubbish pile looked good for Wheatear, Ring Ouzel or Redstart at some time, I think the other two Wheatears were females also.
91 - Common Whitethroat
92 - Wheatear

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I might join you on the getting up early, saying that I well be revising every night until the 17th of June.