Sunday 12 December 2010

Garden Tick, not exactly

I went out foar couple of hours with SH this morning. First we went to Newbiggin for a brief sea watch. The sea looked good but was very quiet only a couple of Divers and Eiders were seen.

Instead of going north we headed back to Cramlington and checked East Cramlington Nature reserve. Despite walking around most of the reserve it was quiet. A few Siskin and LT Tits were calling from the plantations but no much else.

I have never seen Brambling in Cramlington before so next we checked the bushes and trees around the hall but nothing.

Steve dropped me off at West Hartford which has now almost fully thawed. A Redshank was the only bird on the pools and a couple of Siskin and a Mistle Thrush were in the entrance plantation.

As I was leaving I got a call from Steve saying that he had a Brambling in his garden. I managed to get a lift over to his house and after waiting for a while the Brambling- Patch Tick, reappeared amongst a group of Chaffinch and Greenfinch.

118 - Brambling

1 comment:

Killy Birder said...

Interesting that you found your first patch Brambling the same week as I found my first on patch. It isn't that I haven't had a good look for them over the years either. I think Holywell Birding keeps them all on his patch! :-) Brian